August 23, 2018
Views of Boston From a Distance
Six Things I learned About the Blue Hills Observatory
- This is a great spot to catch the sun rise over the city.
- There is no public transportation to the Blue Hills, you will need a car to get to this location.
- You can watch the Boston Fireworks from this location, tickets are needed in advance - and they do sell out!
- Blue Hills Observatory tours are available weekends from 10 to 4. Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for students.
- You can take a Mountain Bike or hike the Blue Hills Reservations trails. Stay on the trails! There's no cost to hike or bike the trails.
- The Skyline Loop is the best hike to get great views of the city, it takes about 2 hours to do the hike which covers a total of 3 mile.
Five Things I Learned About the Thompson Island
- This is a great spot to see the sunset over the city!
- The Public may visit Thompson Island via public access on Saturdays and Sundays, from May 28, 2018, through September 3, 2018.
- Year round boat access is available for private events or school groups.
- Summer Connection program on Thompson Island is run by Outward Bound. The 5-week program is free for middle schoolers.
- You can read more about Thompson Island in the early blog post.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.