Last week I had my Amazon Prime shipped to a drop/pick up the destination in Boston. This was my first experience with Amazon@Boston.
Amazon@Boston is where you can have packages shipped, even get same-day pickup on some items.
Six Things I Learned about Amazon@Boston
- This is an Amazon storefront. I thought it would be lockers inside 7-11. Was surprised to see Amazon sign on the front.
- You have three days to pick up your packages otherwise the items get returned.
- From downtown Boston, the best transportation is the Green "B" line. It's about a 1/2 block walk from the Boston University West stop. This is not a normal stop, so you should hit the notification before arriving at Boston University West.
- You can return packages here. They have boxes and envelopes available for free. You get same day credit for all returns.
- To get your package, you have to click on a link in the Amazon app and wait for Amazon to place your packages in one of the lockers. Takes about 2-minutes to get the packages ready for pick-up. Best to activate as soon as you get off the Green line. Once ready, the app will let you know which locker to go to and scan the QR code.
- There are tools to help open up boxes and envelopes. I decided to open my packages to make it easier to carry on the train.