Concord Cheese Shop
If your visiting Downtown Concord, make sure to stop by the Famous Concord Cheese Shop for delicious cheese and sandwiches.
Local Tip: Pick up a sandwich here and enjoy your sandwich at the Old North Bridge or at Walden Pond (One of America's Best Parks for Picnicking). They have some of the best sandwiches in the area and worth the stop! (Local Favorite!)
If your entertaining special guests, stop by the Concord Cheese Shop and pick up some unique Cheese and Crackers.
Five Fun Facts about the Concord Cheese Shop
- An important part of downtown Concord, Massachusetts since 1967. Current owner is Peter Lovis.
- At any given time there are 150 to 200 types of Cheese available in the store. Try this: Talk to the people behind the counter on the type of cheese you like and say you're looking to try something different. They will give you a sample treat and will let you know the best wine to go with your treat.
- Since 2009, the Concord Cheese Shop has celebrated Crucolo Cheese Parade, check out the YouTube video. It's a great place to witness a 400-pound wheel cheese from Italy.
- This year's Crucolo Cheese Parade will be on December 6th (First Thursday of December) The parade starts at 3:30 pm.
- The Famous Concord Shop, a place to get fun kitchen accessories, was next door. The store name was changed to "Concord Cookware" in the fall of 2003. The store moved to 13 Walden Street and finally closed its doors on the last weekend of May, 2018.
Types of Cheese Available
According to their website, here are all the different types of cheese available:
Abbaye de Belloc, Beaufort, Bleu, Asiago, Bitto, Camembert, Chimay, Comté, Crottin de Chavignol, Butterkäse, Explorateur, Formaggio, La Serena, Livarot, Manchego, Ossau-Iraty, Pecorino di Filiano, Robiola di Roccaverano, Raclette, Reblochon, Taleggio, Tomme de Savoie, Valle d’Aosta Fromadzo, AND MANY MANY MORE, including Cheddar, Jack and Swiss.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.