|March 21, 2018|
Instead of renting a car, or taking a taxi, tourist can take the bus to various points on the island. On the island of Aruba the public transportation bus is the Arubus.
Information from Arubus Website
Arubus N.V. is the major public transportation of Aruba owned by the Government of Aruba. We provide public transportation over major areas of the island. We also provide public school buses and private charters.
Over the past 35 years Arubus has grown from a fleet of 14 busses to a total 42 busses.
Our fleet consists of: 15 International busses, 12 Yutong busses and 21 Volvo busses
The main hub is at the Oranjestad Bus Terminal, where you can connect to other buses to travel throughout the rest of the island.
There is two bus that travels along the route, the big bus and a little bus. The big bus cost a little more than the smaller bus.
All the reviews that I saw online talk about how clean the buses are and how friendly the drivers are. Make sure to let the driver know where you are going as they might recommend a different stop for you to get off on.
Some things I learned about the Arubus
- If you're in the Palm Beach area, you'll be using Line 10, 10A, and 10B to get around. It cost $5 to go from Palm Beach to the Oranjestad Bus Terminal (round trip).
- The 10 bus goes between the Oranjestad Bus Terminal and Boca Catalina beach. The Boca Catalina Beach is considered to be one of the best swimming beaches in the Caribbean
- The 10A bus goes between the Oranjestad Bus Terminal and Catalina Cove. Catalina Cove is a perfect place to go snorkeling and to the California Lighthouse. This is the only bus that goes to this far on the island, make sure to board the right bus!
- If you are considering visiting the California Lighthouse, take the 10A bus to the Arashi Arubus Stop (Last Stop). Then it's a 17-minute walk to the California Lighthouse.
- The 10B bus goes between the Oranjestad Bus Terminal and Casino at the Ritz-Carlton. The Ritz-Carlton Casino opens at 4 pm and a great place to watch the sunset.
- The Oranjestad Bus Terminal is located across the street from the Royal Plaza Mall.
- It is also located near the cruise ships drop off. ( You can find information on the Cruise Ship schedule: Oranjestad Aruba Cruise Ship Port Schedule 2017
There is a smart card where you can get a reduce bus fair. However, you need to be a resident of the island to get the card. The Smart Card is only available at the Oranjestad Bus Terminal and not at the airport.
They only accept cash on board the bus, you can get change - so you don't need exact change.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.