|February 18, 2018|
American Home Security System
Representatives from American Home Security System have been calling my house a lot lately. They are trying to sell a Home Security service where the installation is free. They are cold calling from phone numbers that are commonly used for spoofing.
In my situation they were calling from (978) 877-5164 which is own by Level 3 Communications, LLC - MA and is designated as being used for Wireless Telephones. There is no business number registered to this number - which is odd for a company that is trying to sell me something.
There isn't that much information available about this company. So it's very questionable if this company is legitimate. If you do get a call from them, be careful of what information you disclosed to them as they could be checking to see if your house has an alarm system
Five Questions to Ask
Some good questions to ask American Home Security System about their "free" offer:
- What are the Contact Terms for American Home Security System?
- What happens if I sell the house?
- Often Pets can cause interference with the motion detection system, what is American Home Security strategy around that?
- How do I know that what your offering is enough to protect my home?
- Will there be any yearly maintenance required ( Battery replacement?)
On my call they told me that they have a Smart Phone App, but I wasn't able to find one when I searched for "American Home Security." If you do talk to them, can you find out what's the name of the Smart Phone app? There doesn't appear to be anything listed under the American Home Security System.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.