Boston in the Winter
There's plenty of reasons for visiting Boston during the summer - Red Sox Baseball, Dinner Cruise on the Harbor, Duck Boat tours and so much more.
Did you know that there's still plenty of things to do around the city in the winter?
It's a quiet time of the year for the City of Boston. Some of the Boston Best Hotels offer incredible discounts. Check out The Westin Copley Place, Boston , Fairmont Copley Plaza , Inn at St. Botolph , Omni Parker House and others. This is your chance to stay at some historical places without paying a premium price.
Ten Things to do in Boston in the Winter Months
- Boston Beanpot - The first two Monday nights in February are reserved for the famous Beanpot, an annual hockey tournament that featues Boston College, Boston University, Harvard and Northeastern. It's the official battle for the best hockey team in Boston.
- Northend Restaurants - Avoid the long wait times and enjoy some great Italian food. Try La Summa Cucina Italiana, Bacco Ristorante and Bar, North Square Oyster and Strega Ristorante just to name a few popular restaurants.
- Broadway Shows - Lover Never Dies, Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream, Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen are just some of the shows coming to Boston this February.
- World-Class Museums - Museum of Fine Arts , Museum of Science , The Institute of Contemporary Art and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are all world-famous museums that are easily accessible via public transportation.
- Do it Yourself Tours - Take tours of some historical places such as the Boston Athenaeum, The State House, The Gibson House, The Nichols House Museum and Vose Galleries.
- Phantom Win and Food Phest - Try some great Wine and Food brought to you by the folks at Phantom Gourmet - they know a thing or two about food in the Boston Area.
- Amazing Photo Opportunities - During a snow storm places around Commonweath Avenue and the Boston Public Garden are great spots to take pictures.
- Ski Train to Wachusett Mountain - For $11.50 one-way commuters can catch the train to Wachusetts Mountain. It's a chance to get some real New England skiing without having to rent a car for the day.
- Wrentham Outlet Village - A Boston Common Luxury Coach takes you to Wrentham Village Premium Outlets where everyday discounts on designer and name brands let you save 25%-65%, and sometimes even more. (Cost $45 per person Round Trip - Includes a VIP coupon book)
- Weston Ski Track - Catch the Green Line to Riverside some of the best Cross Country Skiing in the Boston Area. Don't worry about carrying your skis. For about $18 you can rent some good skis to have a great time. Never Cross County ski before? You can take lessons from their Ski School.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.