|November 27, 2017|
Country Bear Jamboree
The Country Bear Jamboree is an attraction at the Magic Kingdom in the Walt Disney World Resort.
The attraction is a stage show with audio-animatronic figures. Most of the characters are bears who perform Country music. Characters rise up to the stage on platforms, descend from the ceiling, and appear from behind curtains. The audience includes audio-animatronic animal heads mounted on the walls who interact with characters on stage.
The attraction was removed from Disneyland park on September 9, 2001. It had shown for approximately 10,781 days during its run at Disneyland.
On April 11, 2003, a new attraction called, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opened.
Ten Things you may not know about the Country Bear Jamboree
- Originally debut in Disney World in 1971, then to Disneyland in 1972.
- Buff the Buffalo in the Country Bear Jamboree was voiced by Thurl Ravenscroft. (Who also voiced the Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean among other popular rides)
- You can still see Melvin, Buff, and Max - the Animal Heads in Disneyland. They are in the "Honey Heaven" room, but you have to turn around to see them. (They aren't the first thing you see as it's is in Disney World.)
- On the sign near the entrance the Grizzly Hall it says the hall was established in 1898. There isn't any real clue of the significance of the date. Dick Hummer was born on January 2, 1898, he was an animator of the Golden Age of Animation.
- There are 20 audio-animatronic bears singing in the act. (Most show up in the grand finale.)
- Walt Disney personally helped developed The Country Bear Jamboree attraction - and it was the last attraction that he worked on. (Walt Disney loved Animatronics)
- This is the third longest running stage show:
- Carousel of Progress - Started on July 2, 1967
- Enchanted Tiki Room - Started on June 23, 1963 (Closed from 1999 to March 2005)
- Country Bear Jamboree - Started on October 1, 1971
- The show is approximately 12 minutes long.
- According to iTunes, the most popular downloaded song in the show is the Red River Valley. (Which is also played at the Big Thunder Mountain ride.)
- In 2002, Disney release "The Country Bears" which featured members of the "Five Bear Rug" family; Ted, Fred Bedderhead, and Tennessee O'Neil and Zeb Zoober. The movie did really bad at the box office as it only grossed $16,988,996. The estimated original budget was $35,000,000.
On the wooden walkway near the Country Bear Jamboree there are 3 barrels (one large/two small) in a wheelbarrow stacked in the Hidden Mickey fashion.
Many of the spotlights shine Mickey heads before opening up into full circular spotlights.
Above the center of the stage, there is a Hidden Mickey formed by a flower and some scrollwork. It is just above the picture of Ursus H. Bear. In addition, check out the squirrel. The squirrel's tail splits and the on top of the flower are two little balls.
One of the backdrops that falls down during one of the songs contain a pile of logs on it. The ends of the logs come together in that familiar shape. It is proportional and is visible only during that song.
|Tom Sawyer Island|
|Carousel of Progress|
|Gravestones at the Haunted Mansion|
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.