Chocolate Pretzels Recipe
Its always hard to find the right dish to bring to a potluck. You can't go wrong with a gluten-free chocolate dessert treat. The good thing about this recipe is that it doesn't take much time to prep, and you don't have to worry about it.
Gluten Free Pretzels have more of a crunch, and would certainly recommend using gluten-free pretzels than regular pretzels. In addition, gluten-free pretzels tend to hold the crunch longer when in the refrigerator.
- Bag of Gluten Free Pretzels
- Hershy Hugs
- M&M (Seasonal Colors)
Top a pretzel with a Hershey's hug and put it in the oven for 5 mins. Take it out and place an M&M on top of it. Put in the Refrigerator to let it cool for a few minutes.
Download the complete Instructions.
Things I learned
We have been making this for years, even so, there are a few things I learn this time around:
- It takes about 2 bags of Hershey Kisses (16oz) to top all the pretzels in a 16oz bag.
- One 1 lb bag of M&Ms is enough for 3 bags of Pretzels
- Better off getting a 16oz bag of Snyder Gluten Free Pretzels than two 8oz bags Glutino's Pretzels. (Cheaper!)
- The Snyder's Pretzels are a bit smaller and are perfect for this project.
- Hershey Hugs are better than typical Hershey Kisses because you get a nice color swirl
- Once completed, I kept the finish product cold all morning, and it was a nice and cold treat.
- This easily could be made several days in advance.
Quick and Easy to Make
The nice thing about this is that there's no prep ahead of time. You don't have to wait for the microwave or mix ingredients at the last minute.
Simply store the container in the refrigerator and take it out when you're ready. A great idea for anyone who wants to contribute to a potluck but may not have time during the day.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.