|March 30, 2017|
Newport, Oregon sign in Kenmore Square
Fenway park opening day is April 3rd. Fans traveling to Fenway via Kenmore Square will see something new this year:
This past winter the City of Boston put up the unusual sign in Kenmore Square to signify the length of Route 20.
Things I learned about Route 20
- Route 20 is the longest route in the United States.
- Route 20 didn't connect both coasts until
- According to Google Maps, it would take 48 hours to travel between Boston and Newport, Oregon. The best route isn't Route 20, but rather I-90 W and I-80 W.
- In Sudbury, Henry Ford paid for a bypass road when trucks would go down the road really fast and caused structure issues at the Wayside Inn.
- Route 20 makes a slight disappearance in Yellowstone National Park.
Finding the sign
The sign is a little small and may be hard to spot. The sign is located at the corner of Kenmore Street and Commonwealth Ave. It's located near the MBTA bus station at Kenmore Square.
If your driving into Kenmore Square, your better off seeing it coming in via Commonwealth Ave. The sign will be on your left just before you get into Kenmore Square.
If you're taking the Green Line to Kenmore Square, you'll want to use the Beacon Street Exit. Once you're at street level, head to the lights at Kenmore Street, away from the Citgo Sign, then cross the street. You'll see the sign as you look back towards the Citgo sign.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.