Mario Susi & Sons Marker
On Court Street, near the Washington Street intersection, if you look around the sidewalk you will see the following:
You can see these sidewalk markers in various places around the city of Boston. Mario Susi & Sons is an excavating contractor that has performed construction projects for the city of Boston.
What is an Excavating Contractor?
Excavation Contractors perform site preparation, grading, trenching and other various soil-related tasks. They basically get to drive around very large pieces of heavy equipment to get the job done.
Things I learned about Mario Susi & Sons
I wasn't able to find a lot about the company, which is surprising since they do a good job with streetside advertising.
- Company was founded in 1955
- Founded by Mario Susi and his sons Raymond Phillip Susi and Joseph Susi
- Approximately 20 full time employees
- $4.1 million in annual revenue
- Bids on various construction projects for Boston, Cambridge, Braintree and Milton
- In 1983, they did work around Medford Square - another place where you may find the marker on the sidewalk
- In 2007 they did some work Central Avenue/Eliot Street intersection in Milton where you may also find the above marker.
- Mario Susi died October 27 2005
- Raymond Phillip Susi died on March 20, 2014
- Joseph Susi died on February 26, 2016
- Website: msusi.com
- According to various posts, the are "one of the most well known and respected contractors in the Boston area"
July 13, 2017.
As a young concrete contractor in the city I remember seeing Mario senior still riding around checking on jobs into his later years. He had this souped up little fancy truck he drove in real cool. I had so much respect for him I used to love seeing him.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.