|December 4, 2016|
Waiting at Limited Supply Sales
I have some practical tips if you're ever in the case of having to wait for a store opening to buy some products. This is most common during Black Friday / Saturday. It can also occur when a store announces that they have stock of items in high demand.
Never know when it's Black Friday
Earlier this week Toys R Us announced that they had limited stock available of Hatchimals and NES Classic Edition. These are two of the hottest toys of the 2016 Shopping season. They would have available limited number of stock on December 4th, 2016.
Social Media spread the word about the new inventory, and everyone got word that Sunday was the day to get the products. Nobody knows if they would be available again in retail stores this Christmas season.
You could get Hatchimals and NES Classic Edition on eBay and Craigslist, but you would be paying a premium for them:
People were buying Hatchimals and NES Classic Edition and reselling on eBay and Craigslist at a high mark up.
When I heard of the opportunity of getting a Hatchimal, I really wanted to jump on the opportunity. I knew that there would be a huge line. I figured, that I I was going to go, I would get their super early to ensure that I would get my hands on a Hatchimal. The doors were scheduled to open at 8am.
I arrived at Toys R Us at 3:24 am and I was the 8th person in line. The first person arrived in line at 7:30 pm.
I took notes on what people brought, and what seemed to work while waiting for the doors to open 4 hours later:
Essential Items to Bring
Note, most of these focus on the cold weather because, in New England, that usually when these limited supply sales occur.
- Folding Chair - Something comfortable to sit on. If you don't have a chair, some people resorted to flipping over a shopping cart and sat on that.
- Blanket - Keep warm!
- Umbrella, Hat, Gloves - The Touch Screen Gloves are very useful.
- USB Charger - Useful if you have any electronic devices.
- Book or other Entertainment item - Keep yourself busy while waiting. Some people brought books.
- Smart Phone - One person left his phone at home and really regretted it.
- Keep Drinks and Food to a minimum. You don't want to leave to go to the bathroom.
- Bring a Buddy, and you can tag team between waiting in line and warming up in the car.
- Listen to the information provided by the store employees. You may want to share some information later on.
- Communicate with Social Media. Find out what the lines are at other locations.
- Talk to people around you, as you may learn something interesting about the sale or other items for sale.
- Bring an extra chair or blanket. You may help someone that didn't come prepared.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.