Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
If your looking for a unique dinning experience at the Disney Studios, check out the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant on Commissary Lane, near the Star Tours - The Adventure Continues.
This is Disney’s brief description of this establishment:
Diners sit in car-shaped booths while watching this eatery's retro flicks & eating American grub.
Reservations are highly recommended, as there is a long wait for this popular restaurant. Tables and booths will be assigned upon your arrival at the restaurant unless otherwise reserved. You may make reservations up to 180 days before your arrival.
Things that I have learned about this resturant
- This restaurant is set up to look like a drive-in.
- The “movie theater” screen is on the opposite side of the wall when you walk in. Basically, the cars are all facing towards the waiting area.
- There is a separate Allergy Friendly menu, simply asked for it when you arrive.
- There is no “best seat,” Sitting in the back gives you the chance to see people walk in and awe at the drive-in experience. If you can avoid the front cars as they are a bit close to the screen.
- Each car can hold up to six people. There are a couple of ‘cars’ that are setup up as tables, so they are handicap accessible.
- The movie experience repeats itself after about 45 minutes.
- The car license plate numbers on the cars are Disney Imagineers that work putting together the restaurant and birth dates (Month Year)
- Since the room is dark most of the time, it’s hard to take the perfect group picture. There is a car prop by the entrance where you can take all the group pictures that you want. Anyone know the license plate number on that car??
- Walt Disney makes an appearance in several clips - these are from the Disneyland series where Walt talks about life on other planets. The robot that introduces Walt is Garco.