|August 15, 2016|
One of the exciting rides of New Fantasyland is Barnstormer - located near the Fantasyland train station in Storybook circus. Barnstormer isn't new to Disneyworld as the ride been there since October 1, 1996. The ride has gone through different names over the year. The ride closed in February 2011, and then reopened in March 2012 with a new look and featuring the Great Goofini theme.
The Barnstormer is a junior roller coaster type of ride. Riders must be 2/ 11" (121 CM) tall to ride.
History of the roller coaster ride at this location:
|June 18, 1988 - October 1,1996||Grandma Duck's Petting Farm as part of Mickey's Birthdayland|
|October 1, 1996 - February 1, 2011||Barnstormer at Wiseacre Farm|
|March 12, 2012 - Present Day||Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini in the Storybook Circus section of New Fantasyland|
Some Interesting Trivia about the Barnstormer
- This is one of the parks shortest height requirements any roller coaster type of ride. This means for many young kids, this is their first real roller coaster ride and they can experience this ride whenever they return to the Magic Kingdom.
- Barnstormer is a FastPass+ ride. I highly recommend to get a fast pass in advance.
- The ride takes approximately 1 1/2 minutes. (Space Mountain takes 3 minutes)
- There are 16 riders for each run.
- Ride Capacity: 450 riders per hour. (Space Mountain handles 900-1200 per hour; 2057-2500 if both sides open)
- At it's peak speed the roller coaster will reach up to 25 mph. (Space Mountain peaks at 28.7 mph)
- Unlike other new rides in the New Fantasyland, the Barnstormer doesn't have any interactive games in the waiting queue.
- Like other new rides in Fantasyland - when you exit the ride, you don't end up in a gift shop.
- A Hidden Mickey formed by a jumble of wires could be found in the attraction's queue near the "popcorn plants".
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.