PowerFlo Matrix Pool Pump
The Hayward PowerFlo Matrix has been engineered as a uniquely superior above ground pool pump. Its large profile and integrated styling makes the PowerFlo Matrix a swimming pool pump like no other.
- Industrial size strainer basket for large debris collection with minimal maintenance
- Heavy-duty, high performance motor with integrated automatic thermal overload protector for years of operation
- High performance impeller with wide openings to prevent clogging by leaves and debris
Some tips and tricks on using the PowerFlo Matrix pool pump.
- When we got this pump, we were told by several people that a 1 horsepower is perfect for a 25" round pool.
- The worst part of this pump is putting back the strainer cover when cleaning out the basket. The best solution that I have found is to stop the flow of water going into the pump. If you use lubrication on the O-ring you won't have a problem with the ring falling out when trying to seal up the strainer cover.
- There is an air pressure that builds up in the strainer basket area, this may prevent the water from filling up at the pump. The best way to fix this is to open up the basket and then quickly close it.
- When you put on the strainer cover, wait a couple of minutes to see if it's properly sealed. I have found that there are a few water drops when the cover goes on, but after a few seconds the water drops disappear.
- When we got the pump we were told to use a quality PVC pipe to connect the pump to the sand filter. It takes a lot of work to connect the pipe to the two devices. I find that things go a bit easier when I disconnect the top of the sand filter from the base.
- Make sure strainer cover is locked firmly in position and lubricated with "Jack's 327." The Lubrication helps the rubber expand and contract and last longer. This is especially true when you may not use the pool for a season.
- We store the pump in the basement in the winter time.
- It's a good idea to take a picture of the top of the pool pump since it contains a lot of information about the device, including the specific model number that you have.