|July 13, 2016|
Here are some of the information on our Hayward Pro Series filter (Model: S180T), this is approved for fresh or salt water.
The filter can handle 20 gallons per minute. Which means for a 14,645-gallon pool it will take at least 1.63 hours for the filter to process all that water.
The maximum working pressure is 40 PSI. If your pump handles more than that, you’ll need a different type of filter.
The filter can hold 150 LBS ( 68 KGS) of filter sand. It's critical to have exactly that much. If you only put in 125 LBS, you’ll make the filter less effective.
- Be sure correct amount of filter sand is in filter tank.
- Set Vari-Flo control valve to BACKWASH. CAUTION: All suction and discharge valves must be open when starting the system. Failure to do so could result in severe personal injury and/or property damage.
- Prime and start pump, allowing tank to fill with water. Once flow is steady out waste line, run in BACKWASH for 2 minutes.
- Stop pump, and set valve to RINSE. Start pump and operate for 1/2 to 1 minute.
- Stop pump, and set valve to FILTER. Start pump. Filter is now operating in normal filter mode.
Filter and Control Valve Functions
- Filter - Set the valve in FILTER for normal filtering. Also use for regular vacuuming.
- Backwash - For cleaning the filter. When filter pressure gauge rises 6-8 PSI (0.41-0.55 bar) above start-up (clean) pressure, stop pump, set valve to BACKWASH. Start pump and backwash until water in the sight glass is clear.
- Rinse - After backwashing, with pump off, set valve to RINSE. Start pump and operate for 1/2 to 1 minute. Stop pump, set valve to FILTER, and start pump for normal filtering.
- Waste - To bypass filter for draining or lowering water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste.
- Recirculate - Water recirculated through pool system. bypassing filter.
- Closed - Shuts off flow from pump to filter. Useful when you are cleaning debris in the pump.
- Winter - For winterizing. (SP0714T)
Set control valve in WINTER position, Remove drain cap and throughout drain filter. Drain pump per manufacturer instructions.
We keep the base filter outside, covering it with an installation and a tarp. We put the top inside our basement. I make sure to keep all the loose parts in a bag and attach it to the filter to make opening the pool very easy.
Backwashing the Sand Filter
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.