|April 10, 2016|
IJMC - Some Stuff to Know
The International Junk Mail Clearinghouse was a popular email distribution service a few yers ago, before Facebook/Twitter became a popular thing. As of February, 2002 they stop sending out emails.
Here's a sample email you would get:
I really need to finish up this three OS in one drive project. Every time I spend a night working on it, I fail to send out posts for a few days or so. This last time, a few nights ago, I came real close. All I thought I had left to do was to figure out the ARC path name so that Windows NT boot loader would load Windows off of a FATpartition (lost yet?). Then I rebooted into NT...all good...reboot into Linux...ow. Turns out that the Winpartition had overwritten half of one Linux partition and the entire Linux swap partition. Oi. Close...so close. -dave
- Indecision is the key to flexibility.
- You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
- There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
- Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
- Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.
- The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
- The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
- Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
- Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
- Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
- Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
- I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
- Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
- If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
- All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
- If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
- One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
- By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
- The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
- This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.
- Never wrestle a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
- The trouble with life is, you're halfway through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
- For every action there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
- The young wish to give their elders the full benefits of their inexperience.
- The elders like to sit back while their young do all their work.
- People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.
- Some people would not recognize subtlety if it hit them on the head.
- The value of the average conversation could be enormously improved by the constant use of four simple words: "I do not know."
- The world isn't worse. It's just that the news coverage is so much better.
\\|//// ( O O ) Hi. -------------------------------oOOo--U--oOOo-------------------------------- Yet Another E-Mail Sent By The International Junk Mail Clearinghouse (IJMC). Unless otherwise specified, distribute freely. All questions, comments, submissions, and requests should be directed to dave at email@example.com IJMC Mailings - email firstname.lastname@example.org with "info ijmc-l" as body IJMC Subscriptions and WebSite - http://www.ijmc.com/ This is Mac. \\|//// He wants to travel the world. ( O O ) Please add him to your .sig and help him. ---oOOo--U--oOOo---
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.