Disney's Magical Express
In 2005, Disney made staying on the property a lot easier with the Disney Magical Express from the Orlando International airport to the Resorts in Disney World. This service will pick up your luggage and deliver it safely to your room. Traveler that stay on Disney property no longer has to plan for transportation cost from the airport to their resort and vice versa.
Getting to the Magical Express Bus in the airport terminal can be a bit tricky. Orlando International airport is huge. The signs at the airport can be hard to read with all the visual distractions.
So here are some clear instructions on getting to the loading area:
The Disney Magical Express bus is located in the Main Terminal on side B at the Ground Transportation Level. When you get off the airplane at a Gate terminal, you will need to take the train to the main terminal. Once you are in the main terminal, head to Side B and then to the Ground Transportation area. (Referrer to the map on how to get to the Disney Magical Express location.) You should be looking for the "Disney Airport Welcome Center."
Travelers Tip: The Main terminal area is big, simply look for the Gares 30-49 (United) then take the stairs need the trains to the Ground Transportation.
Here are some important things to know:
- Plan to take your bathroom break before you arrive at the "Disney Airport Welcome Center." Tip: Use the ones in the Main Terminal area and not the ones near the Bus area.
- Car seats are not permitted on the motor coaches and must be stowed underneath the motorcoach.
- Once you arrive at the bus area find your resort name at one of the waiting lines and someone will come up to you and check you in.
- Reminder: Don't pack your magic bands in your suitcase, you will need them to confirm your reservation and get in your hotel room.
- Your luggage may take up to 3 hours to be delivered to your room after you arrive at your Resort hotel.
- As you travel to your hotel, you will watch a short video on your Disney Magical Express experience. Your bus may make as many as four stops before you arrive at your resort. Your driver will let you know the various stops they will make.
- It should take about 30 minutes to get from the airport to the Walt Disney World area.
- Bus drivers accept tips if you feel that they have done an exceptional job and made your journey awesome. Consider $1 a bag, or $2 if your bag is exception heavy. (Bonus: Consider having your child give the tip to the driver.)
Once you arrive at your resort, look for the Resort Airline Check-In Service which should be near the Lobby. You'll most likely use this to make the return trip a bit easier. Good to know in advance!