|November 24, 2015|
Flash Drive Deals
This is a crazy week for starting Christmas shopping. Lots of companies are offering week long 'Black Friday' deals to get people to shop for them. Amazon has been promoting Black Friday deals pretty much all month long.
This year I am going to look for some good quality USB Flash drives to store some photos and video that I have. I use to store everything on DVDs, but it appears that using Flash drives is the best long term solution:
- You can store much more media on Flash Drives, you can only store up to 8.5 GB on a Dual Layer DVD, where Flash drives are just hitting the terabyte file size.
- Flash Drives last longer. When stored in the same environment, Flash Drives will last longer. Currently DVDs will last about 10 years. Flash Drives have been tested to last for about 20 years.
There are several brands that I am looking to see if they are part of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday madness.
- SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB - Now selling for $31.98 on Amazon
- SanDisk Ultra Fit 64 GB - Currently selling for $19.38 on Amazon
- PNY Turbo 128GB - Currently selling for $24.99 on Amazon
- PNY Attaché 64GB - Currently selling for $14.99 on Amazon
I really like the SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB as I got one for Christmas last year and like that the drive has a slider that glides open and closes to protect the drive.
Staples Black Friday Update
The cheapest place to score an external hard drive is Staples with a 1TB Seagate Backup Plus USB 3.0 drive available on Black Friday for $39.99, a $30 savings.Or if you’re looking to stock up on USB thumb drives, it’s also offering a 64GB PNY drive for $9.99 and a 128GB USB 3.0 drive for $19.99. Staples’ online store will be open on Thanksgiving. But its physical retail locations won’t be open until 6 a.m. local time on Black Friday.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.