|April 5, 2011|
If you have a any Carbon Monoxide Alarm, you should check the battery in it. Even if the alarm is plug in, the battery does need to be replace on a regular bases.
We have a Kiddle Carbon Monoxide Alarm, and the way that it notified us that the battery is low is that it beeps at odd times. So for no reason at all the alarm would go off. There is no indicator of why its going off, and in fact the Alarm light would go off indicating to "Move to Freash Air." It would be better to have a 'Low Battery' warning.
Replacing the battery every year will avoid any false Carbon Monoxide Alarms. We'll be updating our smoke alarm and the Carbon Monoxide Alarm at the same time next year.
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.